18 comments on “How You Can Be Secure In Your Income Doing What You Love
  1. My wise old grandmother taught me the 80/20 rule back in 1966 when I was but 11 years old. She was helping me set up my very first business, and she knew what she was doing, even though she only had a first grade education! That 80/20 rule, and it’s subsets the 80/10/10 rule and the 90/10 rule, has served me well for 48 years!

• Bryce Gorman says:

That is great Russel. I suppose I should have went into the 80/10/10 as well but there are many more opportunities for me to post and describe this principal. Thank you for bringing that to my attention

2. Topasabi says:

This is a very good article, i like this very much. It is great to develop the business mentality. I really enjoy this.

3. maria says:

thankyou for passing by

4. Jessie says:

I’ve been thinking about this exact thing a lot of late. Nice to see a well constructed article on it. I think too many people get caught up in making money specifically from the thing they love doing and miss a lot of the secondary sources of income (like tax breaks) that come with it. Great read though, keep it coming!

• Bryce Gorman says:

That is awesome, I will have to delve further into different ways that artists in general can create passive income. Sponsorships are a major key to that.

5. Brooke P. says:

Thank you for following my blog Bryce. I loved this article as it is well written and easy to understand and very relevant to where I am at the moment trying to build my blog and freelance writing business. Great content!

• Bryce Gorman says:

Hopefully you can take some of the concepts and apply them in your own business. I am coming up with a newsletter that goes into detail for the art driven people to help expand their business. I hope you enjoy it

6. Liz Brownlee says:

This goes for writers too, I should think.

• Bryce Gorman says:

Yes it would! I was focused more on the musician’s side of things but I did try to write it to include all art forms. Hopefully you can take some of the concepts and think of ways to apply that in writing :)

• Yogesh says:

Thanks for following my blog though it’s in a nascent stage currently. Your article made me recall principles I learnt from Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Poor Dad. I liked the way you have smoothly elaborated such complex concepts like active or passive income and how one can make desired transition. I also feel that your emphasis on owning a website for fetching passive income is worth it in today’s age. By the way, I bought a Guitar in 2008 being one of my childhood fantasies, but could not pursue playing beyond learning basic sounds made by strings at specific fret positions. Hope you can help me learn few Guitar playing tips too on your wonderful blog.

• Bryce Gorman says:

Thanks for stopping by. I am continuously writing new articles to try and expand on what I have already talked about. Hopefully along the way there will be information you can pick up and apply for yourself!

7. Katie says:

Hey there! Thanks for following our Astronauts in a Digital Universe blog! You’re awesome. :)

• Bryce Gorman says:

Thanks Katie, loved your content :)
      Your website also gave me a great idea for keeping up with contacts through text message. If I ever need help with setting that up I will be sure to contact you

8. Danielle says:

Hey Bryce. This is a really great article and very relevant to where I am at this point in time. P.S Thanks for the follow.